I AM ANDREW BREITBART!

I AM ANDREW BREITBART!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Goin' Postal!

My local US Postal Office seems more like Wal-Mart everyday! By the way I hate Wal-Mart, but I will save that for another day! I go into the Post Office to mail some pictures of my son to the grandparents and I am confronted with a line of people the stretches all the way to the front door. My Post Office is equipped with no less than 4 stations for Post Office employees to handle traffic. As is always the case, (Just like Wal-Mart) only 2 of the 4 stations are open to handle said traffic. As the line slowly moves to the point that I am the next customer in line, 1 of the 2 Postal employees announces to her co-worker that it is time for her 15 minute break and she promptly puts out the "Next Window Please" sign and left 20 people waiting even longer to conduct their business! I am astounded how "OBLIVIOUS" these government employees can be. Not to sound like an "OLD FART" (I know, 2 months and several post too late for that!), but in the small town I used to live in, I never had witnessed this kind of behavior even on the busiest of days at the old Post Office. On days that had extra traffic, they would often open all windows to help with transactions until everyone had conducted their business and traffic returned to normal! Who woulda' thought it? Customer service......form the US Postal Services?

No comments: