I AM ANDREW BREITBART!

I AM ANDREW BREITBART!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Why do we listen? Why do we care?

USA WEEKEND May 16-18 - On the phone with...John Cusack - Question #5 - We know you are a huge baseball fan. How would you fix baseball if you were commissioner? Answer part one - "Take all the artificial turf out, and put real grass in every stadium." This, I have little problem with, just one mans opinion on real vs. artificial playing surfaces. Answer part 2 - "And get rid of the corporate influence, too. The fact that they could rename Wrigley Field to something like Diet Pepsi Park is like defacing a great temple." Despite the fact that I do not care for Mr Cusack's politics which is clearly anti-capitalist, I like him as an entertainer. Having said that, Cubs Park was renamed Wrigley Field in 1926 in honor of William Wrigley Jr. the chewing gum magnate and Cubs co-owner (1914-1916)(ballparks.com). I am hoping that none of my readers give any weight to what these "enlightened" actors have to say, outside of the world of entertainment. After all they are just entertainers. Why do we listen? Why do we care?

No comments: