I AM ANDREW BREITBART!

I AM ANDREW BREITBART!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Who's in charge today? Oh, the "EXPRESS LANE NAZI"

The other day my son and I went to the grocery store to purchase some rice and to rent some movies for my wife who had came down with some sort of virus. After picking out some funny movies to keep our patient entertained to a couple of hours, we went on safari to find the box of rice that I needed to complete my chicken and rice soup. After several trips up and down several different isles we found our prize. The next thing I remember is my son asking me if I am OK. It seems that I my have "Blacked Out" for a brief moment after seeing the price of a 1 lbs. box of minute rice. Up to check we go. Upon arriving the "EXPRESS" 15 item or less lanes we find several people in line. No big deal, we have plenty of time. Unlike the lady behind us. While waiting our turn in line one of the "EXPRESS" checkers opens up, the lady behind me starts instructing myself to get in that line so we can get out of here before Christmas. I turn to tell this woman that there is an elderly lady still in line ahead of us when out of nowhere an older gentleman pushes his cart right up in front of everyone waiting in line ans proceeds to put his items up on the belt to purchase them. The "LADY/OBLIVION" behind me starts instructing the older gentleman that he has indeed cut in line and that he in no uncertain terms need to put his groceries back in his cart and get the hell back in line that this guy (pointing to me) is next in line not him! The older gentleman promptly apologized and gathered his items and reentered the "EXPRESS" line which has more than doubled in length since he made his terrible mistake of cutting in front of this "EXPRESS LANE NAZI". The "EXPRESS LANE NAZI" then instructed me to take his place in line, I was trying to persuade the elderly lady in front of me to go ahead of me, but she seemed concerned about making a wrong move in the presents of the "EXPRESS LANE NAZI" and refused to move up. Another lane opened and the elderly lady sprinted with her groceries to get checked out. I took my $5.00 box of minute rice to the open lane and proceeded to check before someone else felt the wraith of the "EXPRESS LANE NAZI"

No comments: